Saturday, December 28, 2013

Change Bluetooth name in Ubuntu

Requirements : Linux : Ubuntu

I have Ubuntu OS in my system(laptop). There are situations when I want to transfer files from my tab3 to my system through bluetooth in IIT. As all the systems in IIT are configured with Ubuntu OS, all system names are 'ubuntu-0'. It is quite confusing as to which system my tablet is getting connected.

So I changed my system's name. The procedure to do so is as follows:
1. Open your terminal
2. Type
cd /var/lib/bluetooth/XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX/

3. sudo gedit config

4. change name 'ubuntu-0' to anything you wish.
5. close the file
6. Reboot the system


DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mesmerizing Fortnight

This time its Sangli,Satara & Kolhapur. We hate to spend our daytime in journey so we prefer night journey. Unfortunately trains f...